The recent heavy snowfall highlights the need to comply fully with the requirements of the Highway Code.
Rule 229 states that :
Before you set off
1) you MUST be able to see, so clear all snow and ice from all your windows
2) you MUST ensure that lights are clean and number plates are clearly visible and legible
3) make sure the mirrors are clear and the windows are demisted thoroughly
4) remove all snow that might fall off into the path of other road users
5) check your planned route is clear of delays and that no further snowfalls or severe weather are predicted