Mile End Rd, Coleford GL16 7QD Mobile: 07733 104 062 (Malcolm) / 07733 104 758 (Pauline)

Can you satisfy the legal requirements?

You MUST have a valid provisional driving licence for the category of motor vehicle you are driving. You MUST inform the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) if you change your name and/or address.

Law RTA 1988 sects 87 & 99(4)


You MUST be 17 years of age to drive a motor car (category “B”)

You must meet the minimum eyesight standard required for driving.  In good light you must be able to read an old style number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres and a new style number plate from a distance of 20 metres.

A learner driver must always display ā€˜Lā€™ plates when they are learning to drive.  It is a legal requirement and an offence not to display them.  ā€˜Lā€™ plates should be displayed on both front and rear bumpers.

Learner drivers are currently strictly prohibited from driving on motorways even when under the supervision of a fully licensed driver.  You may only drive on a motorway when you have successfully passed your driving test. This will change from 4th June 2018 when provisional licence holders may drive on motorways under the supervision of an Approved Driving Instructor in a dual controlled car.